Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Unseen

image used for "The Sunday Muse" HERE
The Unseen
Chimes hang from my front porch,
have become a believer in little fairies
dispensing pixie dust.

Cobalt bottles dangle from backyard tree
evil spirits ensnared, night's witching hour
witness to moans and groans,

but come morning sun, scorched,
unable to stalk and haunt; silenced -

and my pixies are safe to play.

by Spencer Bednar, January 18, 2020

This is linked with and inspired by "The Sunday Muse #91".  

7 comments:

  1. You go, pixies! Pssst, I am not a big fan of the dark myself. I can't sleep in full darkness; I have to have some kind of light. Also, my dog, who stands for no nonsense. So glad to see you at Sunday Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The unseen of night is always scary thing for many of us....young or old. I too can relate. Love the magical feel this has Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the safety of the morning - what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer, your poem is SO GOOD. Thanks for sharing it here. I have Looooooong believed in pixies. I used to write about them when I was your age. I am 73 now, and still Believe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an enchanting poem!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this. You have definitely captured the spirit of the image.

    ReplyDelete